The Churchill Volunteer Fire Company was founded in 1940 to fight fires in the Borough of Churchill.
We are an all-volunteer organization comprised currently of approximately 25 residents of Churchill and the nearby communities (Penn Hills, Wilkinsburg, Wilkins and Forest Hills).
Today, the fire company continues to protect the Borough of Churchill. We also respond on mutual aid calls to Wilkins Township, Edgewood, Chalfant, Forest Hills and Braddock Hills, and receive assistance from those companies regularly.
On average the CVFC responds to over 250 alarms a year, ranging from car accidents to major structure fires. On structure fire alarms and on commercial buildings and schools, the company is also assisted by Edgewood, Forest Hills, Wilkins #1, Wilkins #3, Wilkins #4 and Penn Hills #5 Thadd Stevens VFD.
Emergency Medical Services for Churchill are provided by Woodland Hills EMS, which is headquartered in Forest Hills.
The Borough of Churchill was founded in 1934, and currently has a population of about 3400. The borough is primarily residential, but also contains several schools and the Siemens Westinghouse Energy Research Center.
You can find more information about Churchill on the Churchill Borough website.